In short: We believe, that it should be simple to get value from your data.
Generating, storing and using a huge amount of different data in different systems (SAP, Excel, JIRA, CRMs, ERPs, etc.) has long become a daily business worldwide. The success of modern companies relies on data analytics for intelligent operational and strategic decisions. No matter which industry or size.
You shouldn't need a data analyst to get value from your data.
Easily harmonising all corporate data silos leads to honest transparency, more motivated teams, better customer communication and more intelligent decisions with better results - and is fun, too.
Exply is a self-service BI and analytics solution that provides you with interactive dashboards, reports and data visualisation to make intelligent, informed decisions.
Connect your previously not connectable data sources and systems. Explore your existing data to easily visualize your projects on the level you need: from your project portfolio overview in a single dashboard gadget to detailed time records on individual tasks. Automatically create rich and powerful dashboards, reports and charts with Exply using drag-and-drop.
Exply is designed to be used across various functional areas and by a wide range of users for their reports, dashboards and other analytical needs. Especially Project Managers, Product Owners, Developers, JIRA User, Controller, Executives, C-Level, (Web) Agencies and many more.
Spreadsheets are the most common way in SMB (Small and Mid-Sized Businesses) to collect, aggregate and analyse data. They are also used to create reports and some kind of dashboards.
Microsoft Excel, as one of the most widely used tool across any enterprise (small or big), is used to collect & integrate data, as well as, a create reports & analysis. The wide distribution and familiarity make it a versatile tool for business analysis and reporting.
However, multiple platforms, systems, logins, data and functions make it very difficult to merge all of them into simple spreadsheets or work with all the data collaborative. There are areas in which spreadsheets are limited as a business intelligence tool.
Downsides of Spreadsheets as a Business Intelligence Tool
- Data Credibility: Data will change over time. New entries will be added, old ones deleted and some will switch values. As time passes, and more users get involved, it's almost impossible to know which version is the correct one (single-version-of-truth).
- Data Complexity: The more advanced the data gets (f.e. multiple sources, macros, complex formulas using many spreadsheets), the harder it is to get rid of errors and inconsistencies and locate their origin.
- Collaboration: In general, spreadsheets are designed for one user at a time. Therefore simultaneously working on one spreadsheet is not possible which leads to sending spreadsheets via email, resulting in numerous versions for various users and potential conflicting copies. Some tools are trying to fill this gap by uploading spreadsheets into the cloud with potential data security issues.
- Accessibility: Excel spreadsheets are mainly used with desktop-based applications and are therefore not accessible anytime/anywhere. Newer cloud-versions try to solve this challenge but lack in terms of functionality.
- Access Rights: Spreadsheets provide only very simplified access rights meaning write or read-only rights along with password protection but no complex user management on the data level.
- Functionality: Spreadsheet reports are static. Comparing different periods or teams are not easily possible. Doing complete data analysis is only possible with a huge amount of time.
- Relating Data: Combining and merging different types of data, building relationships between different sources is very hard.
- Scalability: The more complex datasets become, the harder it will be for local desktops PCs or tablets to do the processing responsively and fluently.
- Publishing Data: Automatically publishing reports and data into other systems (intranets, blogs, websites, 3rd party apps) or sending them via email to predefined recipients is not possible.
Top Takeaways in favour of Exply
- Easy to create drag-and-drop reports & dashboards
- Powerful user management on the low data context level
- Designed for collaboration
- Single Version of Truth (Data Integrity). Everyone uses the same data
- Scalable for huge data sets and multi-user access
- Your data is yours! Exply is running on your server
Exply pushes the boundaries by enabling you to create fully customizable dashboards.
Exply provides an easy to use drag-and-drop interface empowering you to build beautiful dashboards in minutes. Create rich dashboards showing the most important and relevant business information/key performance indicators at a glance to the corresponding people like C-Level, marketing, sales, product managers and so on.
Easily create any dashboard you can think of like:
- Executive Reporting Dashboards
- Company Dashboards
- Business Dashboards
- Management Dashboards
- Financial Dashboards
- Sales Dashboards
- Operational Dashboards
- Performance Dashboards
- Project Dashboards
- Marketing Dashboards
- JIRA Dashboards
Exply supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer is deprecated)
Explys user interface is actually available in English only.
We're working to support more languages in the future including:
- and more